Monday, February 14, 2022

Recreational Therapist Pay in the U.S. Mid-East

The most recent occupational employment data released by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that over 20,000 recreational therapists were employed in the United States as of May 2020.  Just under 3,500 of those recreational therapist jobs were in the five-state U.S. Mid-East region, which encompasses the District of Columbia and five states.  Relative to the rest of the country, BLS data shows the region to be one of much disparity for recreational therapist pay.  The District of Columbia and two states, which collectively hold about 55% of the region's recreational therapist jobs, all ranked among the top ten states in the country for recreational therapist annual mean wage levels.  However, the remaining 45% of region's employed recreational therapists lived in states where the annual mean wage level for recreational therapists was below the national average.  A closer examination of May 2020 BLS data details the following about recreational therapist pay in the U.S. Mid-East region:

Recreational Therapist Pay in the U.S. Mid-East

Recreational Therapist Pay in the U.S. Mid-East

State # Employed Annual Mean Wages Wage Rank*
DC 70 $78,630 1st
DE 110 $48,160 28th
MD 460 $46,610 33rd
NJ 400 $61,090 4th
NY 1,430 $58,010 6th
PA 990 $48,350 26th
U.S. 20,080 $51,260 -------

(*) annual mean wage ranking among the 50 states and the District of Columbia

Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics OES. Data extracted on May 29, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think about today's commentary!