The U. S. government-funded public service of the National Library of MedicineMedlinePlus is designed to push as much information as possible from the U.S. National Institutes of Health to health professionals as well as the general public. Information is provided in multiple languages and in many formats, including videos, tutorials, and quizzes. You can subscribe to receive updates.
Free Searchable Information, updated daily, includes
- health topics including symptoms, causes, treatment and prevention
- health information specific to different types of people such as
- children, men and older adults
- drugs, herbs and supplements
- quizzes and calculators to evaluate a person's health
- animated video explainers
- a directory of directories to find
- hospitals, physicians, and other health care providers.
Healthcare professionals will also find
- resources for trainers and librarians
- webinars for using MedlinePlus more effectively
- MedlinePlus Connect
- for linking patient portals and electronic health records
- to consumer health information.